Loading Events


90% of cases have no known family history or genetic cause

May 10

AAM Event 90 Percent
  • This event has passed.

Did you know that 90% of people who are diagnosed with ALS are considered “sporadic”? This means that there is no previous family history of the disease. The remaining 10% of ALS cases are considered to be “familial” or genetic.

May is ALS Awareness Month and we need people like YOU to share the facts about ALS and continue to support our ALS community.

Help us change the facts about ALS and share information about the Golden West Chapter (@alsagoldenwest) and our mission – to serve, advocate for, and empower people affected by #ALS to live their lives to the fullest – by liking, commenting, and sharing on social media using the links below!