Nuestra Misión, Visión y Valores
Our Mission: To discover treatments and cures for ALS, and to serve, advocate for, and empower people affected by ALS to live their lives to the fullest.
Our Vision: Create a world without ALS.
Our Core Values:
COMPASSION – INTEGRITY – URGENCY
Guiding Principles are:
- People with ALS and their families come first
- Accountability and transparency
- Diversity and inclusion
- Open communication and dialogue
Our Strategic Outcomes:
- Recognized interdependence between care and research.
- People with ALS and their families have:
- Access to consistent care, treatment and services
- Resource and support services that enhance quality of life
- Quality care and support leveraged by collaboration with partners
- Discover new life-extending treatments:
- Drive worldwide research agenda with urgency and boldness to improve outcomes for people with ALS
- Collaborate with partners in a comprehensive and inclusive research model
- Facilitate the rapid development of new treatment options to extend and enhance quality of life while seeking cures.
Building on Diversity and Inclusion
As a values-driven organization, the Golden West Chapter believes in a culture of service and support where all forms of diversity are welcome. We wholeheartedly reject hate, racism, injustice, discrimination, and violence of any kind. We are committed to anti-racist, anti-oppression perspectives that promote equal access to ALS treatments and care. We hold ourselves accountable to root out bias and to take action for fair and equitable treatment for all.
The Golden West Chapter is dedicated to building diverse, inclusive, and resilient communities, and we understand that ensuring equity and justice is an ongoing process. We are determined to continually adjust our own behaviors as perspectives evolve, and we believe strongly in treating everyone - our colleagues, clients, partners, vendors, and other stakeholders - as valued partners. We are respectful of each other and honor the right each person has to be different.
We are a unified team, with a unified mission and a collective vision. We recognize that every person brings a unique perspective and experience that can help advance the search for effective treatments and cures for ALS. Inclusion for all people impacted by ALS is how we live our commitment to the ALS community.
It is only together that we will defeat ALS.